- WIR2 Homework - Weeks 13 & 14
(as listed on the weekly schedule in our book)
In class this week, we began the grammar review in module 7, listed under week 14. We are also currently working on our argument paper in module 6, listed for weeks 12 and 13.
Homework due December 12th includes the following:
1. Watch: Types of hooks.
Writing a conclusion.
2. Complete: -All assignments listed for Week 13 above and on the schedule in your book.
-Both sides of worksheet (predicate nominatives/predicate adjectives) handed out in class.
-All assignments listed for Week 14 above and on the schedule in your book.
3. Put your books and folders in our class bin (or on the counter) in the basement kitchen before first hour next Wednesday.
Module 6: You will be writing both a first and a second draft this week.
1. Write the first draft before the week-end. Set it aside overnight. Read it aloud yourself. Check for errors. Ask a parent, sibling or friend to read it and make suggestions following the questions on p 165 in your text. Be sure to record their feedback on page 166!
2. Write your second draft. Bring both drafts to class next week. We will be doing peer reviews in class.
3. Keep your copy of the expert model which was handed out in class next to you as you go through your assignments for this week. This is a photocopy (with the author’s permission) of pages 157-159 in your text. Refer to it often!
4. Don't forget to do the Word Sleuth in module 6.13.
Module 7: Read modules 7.1-7.7, completing all the written work that goes along with it. (We did most of this in class.)
Please contact me before Tuesday, if you have any questions.
“Writing—the art of communicating thoughts to the mind, through the eye—is the great invention of the world.”—Abraham Lincoln
“Good writing is rewriting.”—Truman Capote
CREATE A FREE SITE WITH WEEBLY